The SGO Annual Meeting continues to be the premier medical conference on the prevention, research, and comprehensive management of gynecologic malignancies. This educational events includes the most up to date clinical studies and translational research that will be of interest across the spectrum of our SGO membership, including our multidisciplinary, Allied health, and international attendees.
The 2014 program highlights global health, genetics, stress management, quality of care, and payment reform, along with educational forums and seminars covering the following topics:
- Perioperative best practices
- Surgical innovation
- Utilizing advanced practice providers
- Cancer survivorship
- Cancer disparities
- Interpret contemporary research findings on the prevention of and screening for gynecologic cancers and be able to appropriately implement these findings into clinical practice;
- Examine the significance of novel approaches to the medical and surgical management of gynecologic cancers within the context of the current standard of care and be able to integrate new therapies into clinical practice in an evidence-based manner;
- Assess the implications for future research and clinical practice of new developments in translational research on gynecologic cancers; and
- Demonstrate improvement in competence, performance and patient outcomes.