This is a one and half day course that will include a review as well as an update on current management of gynecologic cancers including both surgical and medical treatment options. This course has been designed to advance the knowledge of its target audience which includes Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, APNs, Nurses, Pharmacists and anyone interested in treating and managing patients with gynecologic malignancies. Hot topics such as advances in ovarian cancer research including HIPEC will be discussed, as well as immunotherapy and genomic profiling. A review of post-operative surgical complications, dermatologic findings and urologic issues in the gynecologic oncology patient.
- Apply knowledge and incorporate recent advances in management strategies of ovarian cancer and cervical cancer treatment.
- Utilize current oncologic and chemotherapeutic regimens for the gynecologic oncology patient.
- Demonstrate proficiency in pre-operative, operative, and post-operative care.
- Define and apply pharmacologic therapeutics in regards to the patient receiving chemotherapy which would include management of pain, nausea, and hematologic disorders.
- Identify common infections and current treatment of urological disorders most commonly found in cancer patients. Pelvic physical therapy options will also be discussed.
- Improve patient outcomes with acquiring new knowledge about the HPV vaccine and increase cervical cancer screening prevention by addressing and treating the HPV virus early.