This is a half day course that will provide a foundation on pharmacology principles to guide optimizing selection of chemotherapy, approaches for prevention and minimizing treatment-related side effects, and the management of gynecologic cancers related complications. This course has been designed to advance the knowledge of its target audience which includes Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, APNs, Nurses, Pharmacists and anyone interested in treating and managing patients with gynecologic malignancies.
- Discuss and differentiate between the pharmacology to support rationale for selection of chemotherapy regimen across the treatment continuum (first line, second line, consolidation, maintenance, etc).
- Identify and understand the appropriate monitoring parameters and implications for dose modification for gynecologic cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Recommend suitable treatment options for prevention and management of chemotherapy-related side effects in gynecologic cancer patients.
- Explain appropriate supportive care management of common disease-related complications in gynecology oncology patients.
- Understand the role of new agents in the consolidation verses maintenance chemotherapy in the management of ovarian cancer.